Saturday, April 24, 2010

Three Weeks Later


Wow! How this spring is getting away from me! I can't believe it's been three weeks since my last post. Ben has been non-stop motion that entire time. He now has a couple of new molars, which caused some sleep issues lately. I had a sinus infection and have been out of commission with severe spring allergies, and Josh has been traveling all over the state in an effort to push for smoke free legislation with his American Cancer Society position. Between all of that, I feel as if I haven't sat down in weeks.

We've been watering our seeds, but have not seen much activity yet. We may have been better off buying grow lights. Hopefully we will have a greenhouse next spring and not monopolize the dining room table / sliding glass door as our makeshift seed starting center. 

I am into the last five weeks of the school year and can't believe it's almost over. This has been the most incredible school year yet, and I have learned so much this year too. Today one of my students placed fifth in the regional math contest and 11 of my 13 students placed in the regional writing contest. Next week is the state-wide math competition. Although I'm not very competitive, and our school is not very competition focused, our students consistently rank high among area schools. With the contest experience from this year, I can't wait to see how we do next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment