Friday, November 13, 2009

Ben's Remote


I haven't posted in quite a while. Ben is so close to walking and it takes so much energy just to keep up with him! In the photo he is napping with his toy remove. We have started all taking an afternoon nap together on the weekends and it is a routine I would highly recommend adding to your Sunday afternoons.

I just finished fall parent teacher conferences and it has caused me to reflect on Ben's education. I know I have said this before, but I absolutely love teaching at The Summit. Now that I have been teaching at this school and know more about what an independent school is, it is hard for me to imagine sending Ben anywhere else. Every classroom has highly qualified teachers and fewer than fifteen in each class. The children have Spanish daily and nearly twice as much time in art, music, P.E., and computer when compared to public school. More than anything though, the attitude of the school is phenomenal and everyone is thrilled to come to school every day. It is so unlike anywhere else I have taught before.

The entire school community (faculty, parents and students) have all been so supportive of me as we are nearing Ben's surgery date. I will be taking three to four weeks off, depending on how the recovery goes and how long it takes us to get his helmet. Fortunately, one of those weeks is Thanksgiving break, so I had less planning and days to miss school. The time between Halloween and Christmas is always a difficult time to be a teacher and I hope all goes well while I'm gone.

1 comment:

  1. Your school sounds like a dream. I wish all children could have access to such a facility! Will keep you and yours in my thoughts & prayers as you near surgery time. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete