Monday, August 17, 2009

Pajama Pants From Sheets



A little over a week ago I went to the end of the nearby Catholic church yard sale. I was handed a large brown paper grocery bag and was told I could fill it for three dollars. I piled the bag full of sheets, pillowcases and tablecloths for all kinds of repurposing and sewing projects. The first that came to mind was the pajama pants pattern from Weekend Sewing. The sheets were a soft, old and broken in muslin, perfect for pajamas. I took a strip off a pink tablecloth to make the drawstring (sewing then turning with my bobkin), and using the same pink for the cuffs. For a gift, I made a second pair and plan on making a matching drawstring bag out of the remnants as the gift bag. I have big plans for the rest of the sheets and tablecloths as well. My goal is to set aside (at least) two hours per week to create, sew and craft during the school year. We will see how that goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no way Ben will still fit in this Halloween costume in October, so I figured we'd put it on and take some pictures now, while the pants barely squeeze on.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for the sheets - love the pj pants! And Ben in his Halloween costume -- too cute. I'd love to find the time for sewing again as well. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad Halloween is not closer, because that is just adorable! Good job with the pj's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those PJ pants. Been wanting to try to make some. Did you use a pattern or just model them on a pair of PJs you already have?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Meatless Monday will do ya good! Our family has enjoyed it.

    Your son is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! The pattern is from the book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. It's my current favorite sewing book, and the were super easy to make.

    ReplyDelete