Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting Ready

The raised beds are done! At least being built, anyway. Josh built four more beds and we filled two with compost and soil and planted them. The other two are going to wait until we get another truckload of compost, hopefully soon after we're home from the hospital.

In bed 2 (bed 1 was what we planted Sunday), we planted marigolds, lettuce, peas, spinach, okra, tomatoes, and sweet peppers. In bed 3 we planted marigolds, lettuce, onions, carrots, spinach, peas, okra, tomatoes, sweet peppers, jalapeno peppers, and cayenne peppers. I don't remember the exact layouts off the top of my head, and I kind of winged it in order to get all of the starts in the ground before we're gone for a week. I also planted a row of peaches and cream corn in the ground along the back edge of the garden area. The ground was pretty tough, so I'm not sure how well that will work out.


Ben slept in the stroller while we worked in the garden.


I'm not sure why, but I took a picture of the diaper laundry today. It was such a sunny perfect day today and I'm so pleased with my decision to cloth diaper. We temporarily stopped cloth diapering today, so we wouldn't have dirty laundry to come home to. I already forgot how much I don't like disposable diapers. They smell weird, feel like paper and leak.

I went to the store and got a bag of snack food, we've cleaned and packed, and we're about as ready as we're going to be for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your diaper laundry is beautiful. Very cheery. :)
    Thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know how everything goes. Hopefully, Julie and I will stop by to see you in a couple days. I love the diapers! Don't know why everyone thinks cloth is such a big deal - they are wonderful as far as I'm concerned. I'm anxious to be back and home and using them again. It saves so much and I think they do a better job, too.

    ReplyDelete