Saturday, March 21, 2009

closet cleaning

While in Jefferson City, Josh and I visited our friends in Columbia and I came home with a trash bag of clothes. Katy recently hosted a clothing swap and shared some of the leftover clothes with me. This gave me the opportunity to box up the last of the maternity clothes (minus two pair of maternity jeans I'm still wearing until my size stabilizes). I also went through all of my pre-pregnancy clothes and determine what fits and what doesn't. Of the articles that do not fit, I kept the clothes I really liked and put them in a piece of luggage at the top of the closet to reevaluate in a few months. I kept almost all of my pants although very few fit. I'm five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but my body shape is so different and still changing. I plan on doing another wardrobe overhaul before school starts and I will determine what pants are worth keeping.

Although it seems a little OCD, I keep my clothes organized by lightest to darkest and sorted by type (tanks together, t-shirts, then long-sleeved shirts, then pants). Before today I had almost all of my pre-pregnancy in luggage on the top of the closet shelves. And before I was pregnant, I tried to get rid of one thing for every new thing I bought. I also kept a drawer rule that I could only own as many clothes as would fit in my drawers, on my shelves and with the number of hangers I have.



I now have tons of room in the top of the closet and I would like to add a second shelf above that to store maternity clothes and our wedding keepsakes.



The clothes on top of the dresser are what I'm giving away. I'm considering having a clothing swap of my own, but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about it. For now, these clothes are going into the basement with the maternity stuff. The laundry room or garage is my next project, depending on the weather this week. Spring cleaning is in full swing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben had his first bottle last night. Josh was amazed at how quickly he downed it. It made me a little sad and at the same time, reminded me how much I need to pump. I stopped for the last week or so because I hadn't had time (was getting lazy about pumping and it's really not very fun).




Ben's new favorite activity is bouncing. He is cooing and making so many noises as of the last week, especially when you bounce him on your lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment