Monday, March 9, 2009

first day without Josh

Well, we made it. I was nervous about the first night without Josh being here to help me. I was well aware before he left how much he helped me with Ben during the night. Josh had been doing all of the diaper changes and burping during the night, and he handed Ben to me for each feeding. Last night Ben was up every hour or two, then stayed up for three hours straight around 3am. We stayed in bed for a total of twelve hours, so I could get about six hours of sleep.

Everyone says to sleep when the baby sleeps and try to take naps during the day, but I have such a hard time falling asleep when it's light out. I had Josh install blinds in our room to make it darker, but I can't seem to fall asleep.

awake Ben


Ben fell asleep on my lap while I was watching the Today show this morning, and when I picked him up, I realized he had peed through his diaper and all over both of us. So, I did manage to get a shower in without having anyone come by to watch Ben. Here is Ben in the swing by the shower.



He took a great afternoon nap in the swing today. It's the greatest. I carried it all over the house and did dishes and laundry during his long nap. I know I should have also napped myself, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I also cut his nails during his nap. This was a first for me. Josh has done it the past couple of times. I couldn't believe how thin his nails were. It was like trying to cut scotch tape.

baby hands

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that it went well. Let me know when you come to Jeff City. We can hang out allot and I will watch Ben whenever.

    ReplyDelete