Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the story of stuff


Katy recently wrote a great post about consuming less, and it reminded me of an excellent video I came across last year. Annie Leonard created a twenty minute animation that focuses on our production and consumption patterns and connects these patterns to the environmental and social repercussions of our spending decisions. This video truly changed how I view consumerism.

We still have a very long way to go, and couponing doesn't exactly go hand-in-hand with this concept. However, spending less and not feeling a need to purchase new helps this concept fit into my world view.

I also looked into subscribing to the Kansas City Star, and to get it delivered to Sparta costs $28/month. I really can't decide if it's worth it. We certainly don't need another bill, but if I would make that cost back in coupons, then it's worth it. I can't decide.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Ben is starting to enjoy his baths. We also had another good night last night! He broke out a little on his neck and chest after I tried Johnson and Johnson wipes. We're back to unscented and his little rash is already about gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment