Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Loves Banjo


Baby Loves Banjo
Originally uploaded by Kamepyon
Since before Ben was born, we've listened to a lot of country / bluegrass from our wedding CDs when we ride in the car - particularly Gillian Welch or Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. Every time I talked to my Grandpa Hebbert while pregnant and every time since, he asks me if, "I've been singing to that boy." I do sing to him when we're in the car or I'm in the shower. I'm not great with memorizing songs but I sing him Bright Morning Stars as his calm down song.

I am thinking about this now because I've sang it at least a half dozen times in the past 24 hours. He hardly slept last night and was up at least every hour to hour and a half to nurse. He seems back to normal today, so hopefully we'll have a better night.

The reason for my post title is the video. It makes me wish I knew how to play my banjo.


3 comments:

  1. that is such an adorable video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lulu was dancing and dancing to the music while I watched this video. Apparently, baby loves banjo is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm I can't comment on your green post because there isn't a spot. What kind of green bags do you have? we are really interested in doing that, but dont have a clue as to which ones are really good and hold up to lots of use. We are now buying a gallon of milk at a time and really going through it, whereas before a half gallon would spoil or I'd have to make pudding to use it up before it went bad. Can they hold a gallon or do you basically just have to carry it? One thing we have done before is just to shop at a store like Aldi that doesnt use bags, or sells them and you reuse them, and take giant coolers for all the cold stuff, so you save a lot of bags there. meeces.pieces@gmail.com --use this and tell me about your bags, please!

    ReplyDelete