Sunday, April 12, 2009

tummy time

It is recommended that babies spend about thirty minutes a day on their tummies while not asleep. This is so they can strengthen their back and neck muscles and develop motor skills to prepare for rolling over and crawling. It also prevents babies from having flat heads from sleeping on their backs.


Many of my friends have told me tummy time was stressful or difficult because their babies would get fussy so quickly. So far, as long as Ben is not hungry or fussy, he seems to enjoy it. We “talk” and play with the toys on our cool tummy time mat from Dody. It has a little Boppy he can prop himself up on and the whole thing looks like a lilly pad.



He is holding his head up more and more, and I can see him getting stronger all of the time. I can’t believe how much he’s changed already.




1 comment:

  1. My kid SCREAMED during tummy time. We stopped doing it and he ended up rolling over, crawling and walking just fine.

    ReplyDelete