Friday, April 10, 2009

Toys!

Ben finally slept through the night last night (from 11pm - 6am) and everything seemed much easier today because of it. Josh thought we should reward him by buying him a toy. We haven't really tried to see if Ben was interested in toys until today, so I went back to the nursery (we do not need to buy any for quite a while) and attached one to the car seat as we left for the store. He hasn't quite figured out that his new toy rattles, but he had a tight grip on it in the car.




Josh and I both grew up with more toys than we knew what to do with and it seems Ben is on the same track. I'm not sure how I feel about buying toys as rewards, but it's too soon to really make a statement on something like that. That's like saying I only want to let Ben watch a certain hours of TV per week. Who knows what I'll feel when the question arrives.

It seems like almost everything in parenting is like that. Before Ben was born I said I would leave him with one of the grandparents for a date night with Josh at four weeks, he would sleep in his own room at three months, and I would breastfeed exclusively for at least six months. I had all kinds of goals like that, but now that he's here I realize that my intentions are changing daily.

And that's perfectly ok...

1 comment: